The following is from a press release issued by the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office:
On Friday at about 11:52 a.m. Humboldt County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to the area of State Route 36 at mile marker 39 for a report of an occupied stolen vehicle being blocked in by construction workers. While enroute, deputies were advised that four subjects, one who had been shot, had been detained by construction workers on scene. Two additional subjects fled from the vehicle.
Upon arrival, witnesses advised deputies the subjects were being chased by the victim of a robbery. The subjects fled eastbound on State Route 36 in a dark SUV towing a black trailer filled with marijuana. They came upon the closure at mile marker 39 still being pursued by the victim. The SUV went around the line of traffic and almost ran over the flagger. As the SUV continued through the closure, the construction crew blocked the SUV from continuing with heavy equipment vehicles. Two suspects fled from the SUV and four others were detained by the crew until deputies and officers from the California Highway Patrol arrived on scene.
One subject on scene was treated by medical staff for an apparent grazing gunshot wound to his foot and declined further medical treatment. The following subjects were arrested and transported to the Humboldt Correctional Facility.
• Somsack Xayadeth -PC 182 Conspiracy, HS 11360(a)(2) Transporting/Sale Marijuana, PC 148.9- False Identification to a Peace Officer, Burglary Warrant (Santa Clara County)
• Hai Troung – PC 182 Conspiracy, HS 11360(a)2 Transporting/Sale Marijuana
• Ha Troung – PC 182 Conspiracy, HS 11360(a)2 Transporting/Sale Marijuana
• Sonesay Rathsamy- PC 182 Conspiracy, HS 11360(a)2 Transporting/Sale Marijuana , Federal Probation Hold
At approximately 4:26 p.m., citizens in the area reported seeing the possible two subjects who fled earlier, near Burr Valley Road. Deputies responded and located two subjects matching the description given earlier on State Route 36 at Burr Valley Road. Those two subjects were taken into custody and transported to the Humboldt County Correctional Facility.
• Johndy Say- PC 182 Conspiracy, HS 11360(a)(2) Transporting/Sale Marijuana, HS 11364- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, HS 11377(a) Possession of Methamphetamine
• Chanrith Yoeun - PC 182 Conspiracy, HS 11360(a)(2) Transporting/Sale Marijuana
The victim of the robbery has not been identified at this time, however this investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information for the Sheriff’s Office regarding this case or related criminal activity is encouraged to call the Sheriff’s Office at 707-445-7251 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at 707-268-2539.